“People don’t care about what you know, until they know how much you care, about them.” – Zig Ziglar
Your clients are not interested because you have the highest IQ, they are interested because you have shown that you care about their problems and want to have a solution. With the training we offer, your clients will feel exactly that, it really is the salesperson that makes the difference between winning and losing business and it starts with showing and interest in the client’s troubles.
Below I have done my best to give you as much value as possible even before choosing Mark Sclaire as the trainer who WILL help your business
Questions below will help answer any doubts you may have
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to identify and control your emotions and other people’s emotions to maintain an interpersonal relationship. In most cases, emotional intelligence includes a minimum number of skills to acknowledge and utilize those emotions in problem-solving and thinking. This will also include being able to control your emotions and how they affect other people. Also, emotional intelligence can be, at times, referred to as EQ, emotional quotient. Some employers may test your psychological knowledge during interviews in the form of specific tasks. They believe that high emotional intelligence may translate to a better leader.
What are the four types of emotional intelligence?
The four types include:
- social consciousness,
- motivation and empathy
Self-awareness involves your ability to cognitively comprehend your different emotions and even the ability to acknowledge the impact these emotions may have on performance in relationships. This means that you have to be able to identify your strengths and weaknesses. Also, self-confidence plays a significant role in this first type. Self-management involves self-control, trustworthiness, conscientiousness, adaptability, achievement orientation, and initiative. It means that you should be able to control troublesome emotions under control. You need to be consistent in your display of integrity and honesty. You have to have the conscious ability to not only manage yourself but your responsibilities too. The skill of swiftly adjusting from situation to situation and overcoming hurdles is essential. You need to have a certain standard of distinction that you strive to maintain.
How can I become emotionally intelligent?
One of the best ways to achieve emotional intelligence is by managing your disruptive emotions. This means that you should be able to control and significantly reduce your destructive emotions. This will, in turn, reduce your susceptibility to being overwhelmed with emotions. However, this may be a little challenging as controlling emotions is not that simple. For example, when an individual upsets you, try and refrain from impulse reactions and take some time to assess the situation before jumping into conclusions. Face the issue more objectively. Secondly, you will need to be more careful about the vocabulary that you use. Use more specific words in your conversations to rightfully depict others’ shortcomings, and immediately address them. Thirdly practice more empathy. You will need to focus on non-verbal and verbal cues from people. These cues may give you essential insight into how different people feel, for example, a customer. You can relate to other people by placing yourself in their shoes to understand their current situation. Lastly, you need to identify those that stress you out and avoid them by building more confidence.
What is an excellent example of emotional intelligence?
An excellent example of emotional intelligence can be seen in some everyday situations. For example, people having bad days, being moody, arguing, or being upset. How you react to these emotions determines your level of emotional intelligence. You should refrain from ignoring these signs from other people or, worse yet, criticizing them. Understanding and compassion are a definite sign of EQ at work. Responding and being aware of people’s emotions shows that you acknowledge that all people experience emotions and that they matter. However, this does not mean those bad emotions should be encouraged as a behavioral pattern. Such may require counseling or focused help. Besides, expressing yourself openly and listening to other people shows a great deal of emotional intelligence. People who can openly express themselves are confident in speaking what is in their minds and feeling. Those people that refrain from interrupting other speakers during discussions or meetings display high levels of emotional intelligence.
What does it mean to be emotionally intelligent?
To be emotionally intelligent means that you can acknowledge the presence of your own emotions. Further, to apply these emotions positively in your daily life is an additional skill. You need control and limit your feelings where necessary, recognize other people’s emotions and effectively communicate and defuse conflicts of interest. Emotionally intelligent people have more durable relationships with their peers and families. They often succeed in academics and tend to achieve their set goals. This means that you will have a better connection with your feelings, which translates to better confidence. This self-awareness will help you approach things more positively and actively. They enable you to understand what you are feeling.
Further, you will be able to make better decisions about important matters in your life. Better management of emotions shows better management of stress. Being emotionally intelligent can, therefore, in most cases, translate to a person being less stressed or stress-free.
What are the six benefits of emotional intelligence?
- Improved teamwork. Employees with higher levels of EQ will efficiently work together as a team to achieve a specific goal. This is because people with more emotional intelligence communicate better. They hear each other out without constant interruptions or impulsive reactions. They share their ideas openly and give others time to adequately convey their thoughts as well. This means that they will not take control of meetings and meetups without considering the other’s input.
- A right workplace environment. Emotionally intelligent employees boost the morale of the workplace. The company’s culture can be felt more when all the employees get along with each other and respect each other. Also, the workplace becomes a friendly environment where employees enjoy their work. People will appreciate the people they are working with and the hours they are working.
- Better self-awareness. Emotionally intelligent people can identify their different weaknesses and strengths. This means that they can control their weaknesses effectively and grow their strengths considerably. They can take criticism positively and utilize it in a positive way for self-growth. For example, in many cases, people become defensive when confronted with an issue. They become frustrated over the matter instead of expressing self-awareness.
- Better self-control. People with emotional intelligence can handle challenging situations calmly and selectively. This can range from dealing with an unhappy client or a superior who is not pleased with the work that you are doing. Many situations may trigger an emotional outburst. However, staying calm in such circumstances is an excellent display of emotional intelligence.
- Better adjustments. Emotional intelligence will help you adjust better to different or new situations. For example, a change in the workplace may necessitate a modification. People with a high emotional intelligence level will quickly adapt and adjust to the new state of affairs. Although adjustments are bound to occur, not all people are generally open to the idea. This is regardless of the positive change. Emotionally intelligent people adapt to change better and even grow from it.
- Better people skills. Emotional intelligence will enable you to quickly build trust among your friends, colleagues, and family. You will be more empathetic and have a better understanding of their feelings. This will even help you while building a team for work purposes.
Does High IQ mean low EQ?
IQ involves your ability to absorb knowledge, interpret the experience, and exercise it as a skill to solve problems. Therefore this does not necessarily denote that people with high IQ will have a low EQ. The main reason for a low EQ in people that have a high IQ is that they tend to use unhealthy approaches to dealing with emotional distress. These harmful approaches involve drinking, denial, overfeeding and avoiding trouble altogether. The reason that such methods are conventional with people with high IQ is that they give you a short-lived relief. These approaches are highly ineffective. They will appear to relieve emotional distress but only for a limited time. For example, a person may rely on drinking alcohol as a way of reducing anxiety. This means that people with high IQ always rely on ineffectual low EQ approaches. The need for emotional relief prevents them from seeing the actual harm caused.
Can emotional intelligence be taught?
Despite some people having emotional intelligence being a natural trait, EQ can be taught to those who lack these skills. The sole purpose of teaching emotional intelligence is to improve a person’s understanding, expression, analysis, and regulation of emotions. Such lessons may involve lectures, discussions, role-playing, and readings. Teaching emotional intelligence may include being shown how to interact with other people more effectively. However, you will need to be self-driven to gain these skills. The first step to learning emotional intelligence will be assessing the current state of EQ that you have at the time. You will need to identify which of the four components of emotional intelligence will require the most attention. The different parts have specific functions that will help you increase your emotional intelligence.
What are the disadvantages of emotional intelligence?
People with high emotional intelligence levels face various challenges. These challenges may include being unable to give negative feedback. This means that you will experience problems when it comes to giving negative feedback. This is because of your sensitivity to other people’s feelings and empathetic concern. This will be a significant drawback when challenge interferes with your position as a superior at a workplace.
Furthermore, people with high EQ scores may be considered to be cool-headed and, as a result, lose some respect in their relevant fields. This is because people with high emotional intelligence are generally positive and calm. They are mostly well-adjusted to all situations and changes. Besides, people with high EQ levels usually are reluctant to confront people about their shortcomings, such as in workplaces. For this reason, you may find that such people do not hold management or supervisory positions. In most cases, people with high EQ will play it safe in all their encounters and avoid taking any risks.
TO LEARN MORE
The fact you are on this website means you are willing to explore the opportunity to help your sales team rediscover it’s form
I wouldn’t say its too late but ask yourself how much revenue you have lost because you didn’t act straight away
Inquire now and we will help with the challenges you are facing.
Mobile: +971 56 655 6093